architecture+ Hiring Senior Medical Architect-PlannerPosted on
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Medical Architect-Planner with 10+ years of progressive experience in healthcare design and medical planning at our office located in the historic city of Troy in New York’s Capital District. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded and strategic thinker with an integrated approach to design, management, and technical project resolution. They will bring a proven track-record of success with complex, multi-phase projects in a healthcare environment and have experience in leading meetings in all phases of design, as well as extensive medical planning and related technical knowledge.
- You are comfortable and effective in a project leadership capacity and bring creativity and technical knowledge to developing medical planning approaches and solutions to complex healthcare situations.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in delivering successful healthcare projects which comply with relevant building, FGI, ADA, construction standards, and other related regulatory requirements.
- You have strong leadership skills, can translate visions into actionable challenges, and collaborate with a project team to achieve extraordinary design solutions and outcomes.
- Your communication skills are excellent and enable you to communicate with project teams and manage projects with confidence and ease while ensuring design intention is maintained throughout a project’s phases.
- You are successful at maintaining engaged relationships with clients and consultants.
- You are proficient in Adobe Suite, Revit, and Microsoft Suite.
- You have a professional architecture degree (preferably in healthcare design) and a minimum 10 years’ experience in healthcare projects.
- You are a registered/licensed architect. LEED accreditation is preferred.
- You want to be continuously challenged and supported, while leading and growing in an architectural practice committed to excellence.
architecture+ is located in beautiful downtown Troy in New York’s Capital District. Since 1984 architecture+ has evolved into one of Upstate New York’s most respected firms. We were founded on the premise of providing exemplary service to others and serving people and their communities is a conscious choice that leads to us to create not just buildings but celebrations of life.
We care deeply and passionately about performing to the best of our abilities and keeping our clients satisfied. Our staff is skilled in a wide range of services beyond traditional architectural practice, including feasibility studies, master planning, programming, space planning, interior design, site design, landscape design, and historic preservation. While we are nationally known for our work with psychiatric facilities, we have also provided design and planning services for a diversity of healthcare projects including hospitals, an Alzheimer’s center, skilled nursing facilities, medical clinics, dental clinics, medical offices, and independent living facilities.
architecture+ has worked on a broader range of mental health settings than any firm in North America. We have created over 20,000 mental health beds or treatment slots in thirty-five states and provinces including free-standing hospitals, psychiatric units in general hospitals, forensic hospitals, intermediate care facilities, correctional mental health units, substance abuse treatment centers, outpatient clinics, and facilities for children and adolescents. Our experience encompasses every patient cohort, diagnosis, and setting (secure, forensic, and civil placement settings). We are not only designers but participants in the evolution of healthcare architecture.
At architecture+ we foster balance by giving our staff the freedom to transcend expected roles. We are proud of the open, collegial environment our people create as well as the clients we serve. Our respect for each other encourages balanced lives through minimal overtime and flexible hours. The results are a strong, rewarding, and collaborative combination.
architecture+ is proud to be named one of The Business Review’s “Best Places to Work” for 11 years. The award recognizes our achievements in creating a positive work environment that attracts and retains employees through a combination of benefits, atmosphere, and company culture. architecture+ is also proud to be named one of the top Small Employers by the Albany Times Union “Top Workplaces”. We are honored to be the only architecture firm to receive an award this year and are touched by the special award that we received for Meaningfulness.
Our Benefit Summary
- Competitive compensation package
- Bonus opportunities
- 401(k) match
- Group health and dental insurance, 50% firm-paid
- Vacation, holiday, sick, and personal time
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Creative and flexible workplace
- Continuing education and training
- Opportunities for community volunteer activities and social events
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and selective portfolio for consideration to [email protected]
Resume should demonstrate in detail the experiences and skills being sought per the description above.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other