St. Joseph’s Addiction Treatment & Recovery Center is located on twenty-seven acres and provides inpatient, outpatient, and residential treatment services to persons with a diagnosis of alcohol or chemical dependency. The existing residential treatment facility, constructed in 1921, was built as a priory. architecture+ was selected to renovate the Treatment Building to better equip the facility to administer alcohol and substance abuse treatment for its consumers as well as design a new freestanding residential treatment center for veterans on an adjacent parcel of land.
The treatment building renovation will improve residential facilities, dining facilities, educational program spaces, clinical services, medical clinic, and administrative offices. The renovated facility will have 63 beds. Several small additions are proposed to the building to accommodate the programmatic requirements of the facility and comply with building code and accessibility requirements.
The veterans building is a 25-bed residential treatment facility including living and dining spaces and administrative offices. It is located on a quiet, wooded site to enhance the treatment process.
architecture+ worked collaboratively with St. Joseph’s, OASAS, and DASNY on these projects, which total over $11 million in construction cost. Construction is currently underway and will be complete in 2016.